Working as a model I've learned a few good things when it comes to what to ALWAYS have in your purse. This pertains to photo shoots, interviews, castings, and overall general necessity's, particularly when you live in the sunniest spot in the U.S. of A. So I wanted to do a post dedicated to the things that you will always find in my purse, whether it be my hobo bag or just the pockets of my jeans.
1) Sunglasses. Have them always. Whenever I don't I cry, literally. My eyes can't handle the bright light that is Miami. It's just to much for my retina's. Even though these sherbet toned sunnies don't look like they would do much good for UV rays you'd be surprised. They are the perfect pair of sunglasses for being able to transition from outside to inside without looking like a complete a-hole (pardon my french, or lack there-of, but I think we all know what I'm talking about *cough cough* Anna Wintour *cough cough*)
2) A lighter. No, I'm not a smoker, but I always have a lighter on me. For one, I live on a college campus and on-top of that I am an art student. You'd be surprised how often I'm asked to spark up someone's stress relieving cigarette, or would you? Plus it helps light a few candles when I am in need for zen-ness in my own oasis.
3) Rice paper oil blotting tissues. I was given this particular brand by the stylist on a shoot awhile back and have fallen in love with them. After a long day on set, or just doing anything really in Miami, once I wipe one of these over my face it's as though the day has just begun again for my skin and make-up. If your like me and sweat/oil/excrete some sort of water based liquid from your skin in intense heat then this is your beauty savoir, trust me.
4) Rose salve. I had never heard of such a thing until I returned home for these past 2 months and it has changed my opinion of chap-sticks. This rose salve has lasted for years (and yes that may sound gross, but it's not, there is no expiration date and it looks as good as the day it was purchased). It is great for lips, chapped elbows and knees, a little blush if needed, and never melts no matter how long it sits in your bag.
5) Last but certainly not least, my phone and key. Although the Blackberry may not be my top choice for phones it is certainly more convenient than my last one. I always have it and would die if it died on me. Is that sad? That I'm that addicted to technology? Yes. But let's move on....to the key. Yes, it is attached to a scarf and has been for 2 years now. I went through a stage where I tried to keep my key without a key chain and well $200 later I realized I needed to stop losing my key and get serious. So I attached it to my mother's scarf and haven't lost it since. Now leaving it in my room on numerous occasions and finding myself locked out is another story, for another time, so for now lets focus on the pretty pink paisley pattern....
6) Ok, I lied, my i-pod was last. I have to stop doing that to you guys, lying that is, eventually we'll have trust issues, and ya, lets just not get to that point. I promise to never do it again. I swear on Death Cab for Cutie. Trust me, I would never lie to Ben Gibbard, even if he did divorce Zoey desChanel, or did she divorce him? No one's really to sure on this matter but we do know that after that pretentious i-phone commercial on her part it's better they stay apart. Anyways, this is what has been on repeat for me the past 2 months. I have seen DCFC 3 times in concert and am already thinking about when their next one is going to be. I miss them and their mind blowing lyrics and instrumentals....
So there ya go, you just saw the inside of my purse. Do you feel like you know me better? Like we could be friends now? ....Well, I hope you love me because I love you. No matter what. We will always be friends and I will always keep writing to you/for you/because of you. Ok, because of me, but I hope that YOU read it. Fair enough?